codeNforcer provides source code analysis based on:
- Standards for structural quality developed by CISQ
- Object oriented metrics codEnforcer incorporates theoretical background described below.
Below provided some theoretical background used for development of codeNforcer.
Definitions of software quality
- Functional quality of software refers to how well it complies with or conforms to a given design, based on functional requirements or specifications.
- Structural quality of software refers to meeting non-functional requirements, which support implementation of the functional requirements.
Standards for structural software quality
- ISO 9126-3 and ISO 25000:2005 standards specify metrics for measurement of structural quality. ISO 25000:2005 standard is also known as quality model SQuaRE (Systems and software Quality Requirements and Evaluation)
- Based on SQuaRE model the Consortium for IT Software Quality (CISQ) defined 5 most important goals to be achieved by relevant structural software characteristics.