Value-based Healthcare is a new approach to chronic disease management. The Value-based Healthcare model couples evidence-based disease management with an active patient-provider partnership to maximize the value of health care that patients receive while managing costs. The fundamental purpose of this model is to bring value to the management of a disease.
In cooperation with the value-based healthcare innovators – UCLA Division for Digestive Diseases – Center for Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, we are working on three major parts of their project:
- Value-based Healthcare Authoring Tool;
- Mobile Applications for patients (iOS & Android);
- Scientific research – Predictive modeling.
Value-based Healthcare Authoring Tool
Value-based Healthcare Authoring Tool for chronic disease management is an authoring environment for building new instances – applications for enrolled chronic disease patients. This system includes such components as a flexible procedure module, a care program builder, a custom form builder, an education builder, and a general workflow engine.
Mobile Application for Patients
For this project we have developed iOS and Android mobile applications for patients. iOS and Android native apps can be downloaded on the App Store and Google Play and allow patients to actively participate in their disease management when and where they need it.
Application functions are interactive, allowing you to place a call for an appointment, get directions, and view entries over time. As chronic disease management program patients, application users have access to the following functionality:
- Contact their healthcare team directly;
- View their personalized care program;
- View their clinical and laboratory results;
- View and update their current disease activity state;
- View and update their current quality of life and work productivity;
- View upcoming labs, clinic visits, scheduled home care, and procedures;
- Submit a home care questionnaire;
- Review and confirm medications;
- eLearning environment;
- Directions to clinics.